St louis Investors- DutchTown Four Plex

St louis Investors- DutchTown Four Plex

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes

Hi all im a new investor in the St Louis Dutch Town Area , i currently have a four plex with 3 vacant units, two 2 bedrooms & one shot gun style 1 bedroom, all units with high sealing & look absolutely amazing...

Does any one happen to know a good property management company in the area?? & or any good websites i should utilize to find good tenets??

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 84 votes
7y

In this area, it is harder to get great tenants. If you don't know about screening tenants, then you might try a leasing/management company. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    7y

    Let’s talk. Feel free to drop Me a pm. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    @Hardy Vibert I also have 4plexs in Dutchtown. Here are some management companies you might want to look up. Heritage Properties, Garcia Properties, Deca Realty. I manage my own properties there and have not used them myself. But they have been around a while. Just thought it might help.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @Ben Dao thank you so much, what would be the best way to find new tenants, putting up ads or reaching out to a management company??

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    In this area, it is harder to get great tenants. If you don't know about screening tenants, then you might try a leasing/management company. 

  • Collinsville, IL · Member since 2018 · 98 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Hardy Vibert Dutchtown can be rough in some areas. If you are not confident running thorough background checks and doing sufficient screening, I’d definitely recommend a PM company. If I were buying in Dutchtown, I’d drive by the area, possibly a few different times, to make sure the neighborhood looks decent. I’d also make sure the numbers really make sense. I don’t plan on Dutchtown appreciating in value in the near future, and some predictions I’ve read actually anticipated that it’d depreciate some over the next year. With that said, I’m not suggesting that you abandon Dutchtown. Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @Ben Dao awesome & thank you, I’m working with two PM company’s at the moment & I’m very familiar with screening tenants, I might try screening a few my self..

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Caldieraro I’m familiar with the area and the neighborhood is ok.. I’m working with two PM company’s at the moment and they have been showing the units.. I might try screening a few tenants my self...

    Thank you so much for your input means a lot

  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Hardy Vibert I self-manage my Dutchtown properties. I use Cozy.co for listing the properties as well as screening tenants. I also post on zillow since I get more traffic/leads that way. Happy to answer any other questions you may have!

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @Liz Heisler thank you, this helps a lot I actually use cozy for my current tenants and I love it but I have not posted any of my units on there yet, but I will try it out tonight....

  • Real Estate Agent · St. Louis · Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    If you're looking for a good tenant screening company, I use home screen. https://www.myhomescreen.org/

    They are based in STL. Prospective tenants fill out the application on their website and pay the application fee. Then, they do all the work and give you a summary of the application and their recommendation. The process was SUPER easy and put my mind at ease knowing I accepted a good tenant to live in my property. They also offer a lot of other services that may be helpful for your future tenants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.