• Real Estate Agent
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Is this a good deal ?

Faysal Alam
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City, NY
Posted Apr 7 2019, 10:08

The property is located in upstate New York , it is 2 attached properties with one deed . Total of 4 units. "1's rent is 1000 for a one bedroom with the lease with section 8 across the hall has a month-to-month lease for 900 a month one bedroom the other one is 850 a month one bedroom just moved in month-to-month lease and the one downstairs has a month-to-month lease or rent is 750 " according to current owner for a total of 3500/Month = total of 42k/year . I would be buying with all units rented as currently set up . The expenses are as follows, conservative estimates .

$10k /year taxes or $833/month

2500/year insurance or $209 month

10% vacancy or $350 a month

10% repairs/maintenance or $350 a month

10% cap ex or $350 a month

10% property management or $350 a month (the property is an hour and a half to two hours away do you think it would be better to do it on my own instead of hire someone)

Debt service at $700 with a 20% down payment on 160k . I get a cash flow of $358/month. Is this deal worth doing? Also there is a empty garage that is attached to the property that has potential to become another unit. Also what do diligences should I do. Tenants pay all their own utilities

Loading replies...