6-Plex in Killen Texas - What is this market like?

6-Plex in Killen Texas - What is this market like?

Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 110 posts · 113 votes

Hi Everyone, 

I am looking at a value-add opportunity in Killen Texas zip: 76541. 

Can I get insights into the market? It looks like a rough neighborhood which I don't mind but I don't want to invest in anything below C-. 

Definitely looking to implement renovations and increase rents to market value. 

Anything would help! 

Thank you in advance, 

Angie 

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan HandfordPro Member
    Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2018 · 779 posts · 501 votes
    7y

    @Angelica M Garzon 

    One of the free tools our group uses is City-Data.com for our local market research.

    I did a search for the zipcode and you can find the results here: http://www.city-data.com/zips/76541.html

    It looks like most 70%+ of that market are renters which is good.

    It also shows an upward trend for population growth as well. 

    Another good way to get information about the market is to call some real estate brokers in the area and also some of the local property management companies as they can provide some information as to the specific property.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.