How to purchase a multi family without any money down

8 Replies

@Roy Conney you need to raise private money or get the owner to finance you.

Owner finance options are: 

You could offer full asking price in exchange for 100% owner financing structured in any way that works for you.

It could be straight payments till paid no interest example would be $500k purchase price and you pay $2500 per month until paid.

You could offer interest only with a 5/7/10 year balloon

30 or 40 year amortized loan etc.

Best way to raise private money is: 

Friends and family for who they might know

Networking REI meetups and Facebook groups

Other investors

Mortgage brokers

Title companies and closing attorneys

Property managers

Google search for local, regional and national PM lenders

Seller financing or partner with investor. 

If you dont have money to buy it, how will you have money to fix it when something goes wrong? "Tenant's rents." What if they dont pay you and you have to evict?

Consider all your options and finances before diving into a property you do not have the resources to float when something goes wrong. 

If you have a good deal in front of you, this would be a good opportunity for you to resale it to someone and start saving up these proceeds for other deals. That would be a great way to get started. 

You can try owner finance.

If you don't have the money for the loan, what's gonna happen when you need a water heater, find out the roofs leaking or if a unexpected vaccancy happens in the building. You still need to have cash saved up. Too risky

I will start off by saying congrats on taking action. I can also relate to you because when I got into real estate I too had no money but I was able to find a business/money partner, to fund the deals. So, I would recommend finding a business partner with good credit or money.

Happy investing,

Paul

Phoenix home buyers

I bought my 1st rental property using seller financing from the seller but I also used a private lender/partner to fund minor repairs that the property needed. So, I would suggest going the seller finance route couple with private money.

To your success,

Daniel

Pensacola Home Buyer

What seller would owner finance a Multi family apartment with zero down? The people that posted above saying owner finance..I doubt there is seriously a single one of them has ever had a seller owner finance them a multi family unit with zero down.