Use equity in rental houses to buy multiple apartment complexes?

Use equity in rental houses to buy multiple apartment complexes?

Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I have enough equity in each to buy four apartment complexes, and this doesn't even count liquid cash on hand. I've heard the financing for commercial real estate isn't that great though, balloon payments, refinancing after 5 years, etc.

I'm FI with my houses, perhaps I should stick with what I know and buy more houses?? Or go big with apartment investing?

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Jack B. it all depends on your goals and what size properties your talking about. You can scale much faster with larger multi family and they are more profitable than single family. Lots of efficiencies. You can get really great finance terms on multi family using agency debt. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.