Fairbanks, Alaska - What do I do with this town-home?

Fairbanks, Alaska - What do I do with this town-home?

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I bought a town-home in Fairbanks, AK in the summer of 2008, right before all hell broke loose. It was my primary residence until I left Alaska. For a long time, I was underwater on it and didn't have the cash to get out from underneath it. I've been renting it ever since 2011, making mortgage payments and slowly paying down the principal. I originally bought the town-home for $138k, I owe just over $113k, and am able to rent it out for $1650/month, which breaks even with the mortgage payment, insurance and HOA.

I feel like I'm finally in the position to sell it; I have cash on hand to pay fees. Here's my dilemma, I've had it listed for $118k almost two months now and I've had no takers. The longer it stays unoccupied, the more my cash-on-hand gets hit, which keeps me from making any improvements in case I have to go back to renting. What do I need to do? If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 294 posts · 182 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed - what's your address? I can give specific advice if looking at the specific property. You're heading into winter... which doesn't help. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.