Potential Commercial/Apt building deal...What do I need to know?

Potential Commercial/Apt building deal...What do I need to know?

Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 8 votes

Hey everybody, I'm looking into a Commercial property right now that has a

-12 unit apartment building

-parking lot with 50-60 spots

-4 garages

-a church that can hold 350 people

-a small school w/ cafeteria

-an office building attached to school

-1 vacant duplex

-1 vacant single family home

I believe the apartment building right is fully rented. But everything else vacant.

However my real question is what are some things I need to know/questions I need to ask before I know if this is a good deal. I have a couple people I know would be interested in investing but before J start raising capital wanted to know whether this is a good deal or not. I plan to meet with the broker soon but want to be as prepared as possible so I dont sound like an idiot.

They're asking for $1.2M, I'm not sure of the current cap rate. Over 49000 sq ft.

I've never done a deal on a commercial property before so I'm trying to get as much education as I can. Please help, Thanks

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jacob Rivera:

    Hey everybody, I'm looking into a Commercial property right now that has a

    -12 unit apartment building

    -parking lot with 50-60 spots

    -4 garages

    -a church that can hold 350 people

    -a small school w/ cafeteria

    -an office building attached to school

    -1 vacant duplex

    -1 vacant single family home

    I believe the apartment building right is fully rented. But everything else vacant.

    However my real question is what are some things I need to know/questions I need to ask before I know if this is a good deal. I have a couple people I know would be interested in investing but before J start raising capital wanted to know whether this is a good deal or not. I plan to meet with the broker soon but want to be as prepared as possible so I dont sound like an idiot.

    They're asking for $1.2M, I'm not sure of the current cap rate. Over 49000 sq ft.

    I've never done a deal on a commercial property before so I'm trying to get as much education as I can. Please help, Thanks

    You have a lot going on here. It will be nearly impossible to advise you with the limited info provided and through a few posts here.

    First question is can you qualify for a $1million loan and or raise the capital?

  • Real Estate Consultant · USA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 751 votes
    6y

    @Jacob Rivera The challenge I see is that you have to market to so many different groups. You won't have many renters for a church, or a school, or a garage, etc.

  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Jim Pellerin

    I already know someone who would rent the church....the school would be a challenge, though the previous buyer had plans for the school before the deal fell thru

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.