I am looking for a RE agent to help find and close a house-hacking deal. I have tried working with REAs from Zillow or Realtor, but find that they mostly (if not only) deal in SFH, and don't seem to be well versed in the investing side of things (as far as escrow, refi's, contract contingencies, cap rates, return etc.).
I know it’s a tough/high market to buy in, but I am ready to start hunting with a REA who understands house hacking investment.
I’m currently looking for a 2, 3, or 4 door property in the SoFlo area, although I’m fairly flexible so long as the numbers work. Currently looking for >550k, C+ to B+ class.
Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 48 votes
6y
Hey @Isabella White, as you said SoFlo it is a competitive market in particular Miami. There are a lot of cash buyers in the area that are looking for those kind of deals. But you make a good point you need to find a REA that understand not only the market but how house hacking works and how investing works.
Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 48 votes
6y
Hey @Isabella White, as you said SoFlo it is a competitive market in particular Miami. There are a lot of cash buyers in the area that are looking for those kind of deals. But you make a good point you need to find a REA that understand not only the market but how house hacking works and how investing works.
Thanks Mario! Yes, it’s tough jumping on new deals as someone who can’t buy all cash right now. I’ve even looked outside the SoFlo market (Central Florida area). I’m inclined to buy where I know though, although I’m not sure how feasible that would be in a market like miami at this time.
Any Florida markets you recommend for new investors looking to househack?
Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 48 votes
6y
@Isabella White
As many investors says no matter the market if you can get a good deal.
As many other big and crowded cities Miami is very competitive with cash investors but also you a lot of people that wants to rent short and long term.
I will say that with the capital that you have right now you can find a good deal in the city that you are living. Just find rockstars to work with and you will be fine.
I am a real estate broker here in Miami Fl. Depending on your goals I believe that with your current budget its very feasible for you to pull of the House Hacking strategy here in South Florida. I would recommend Broward County just because the market is less saturated compared to Miami-Dade county. There are also more Duplex, Triplex and Quads is Broward county as well. If you can provide me with a bit more information on what metrics you are trying to achieve I can help you find a property that meets those numbers. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.
Investor · North Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 7 votes
6y
Hello Isabella,
My wife and I bought our first “House Hack” in North Miami for $269k. It’s a duplex and we’re very satisfied with our investment as we’ll be ready to Air BNB one side very soon.
We are both agents and licensed with an investor friendly brokerage.
We’d be glad to start sending you listings that will fit your criteria.
If you haven’t already began working with an agent, we’re glad to get to get to work for you.
I know this post is a little old, but I am also looking for a realtor in south florida who understands investment and house hacking.
We are looking in Delray Beach, and are getting ready to purchase our first property. We've found some we'd like to put an offer on and are looking for a great realtor to represent us.
Realtor · FL · Member since 2013 · 372 posts · 83 votes
5y
@Rachel Mazza nice to meet you. I would be honored to represent you on your purchase along with answering an questions and or concerns. message me and we can go from there.
Pompano Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
3y
It is extremely difficult to find the right one in South Florida. I am in Broward county. I tried to find 3/4 plex in Coral Spring. But math doesn't really work for house hacking.