The Real Estate Guys Seminar(s) (Syndication)

The Real Estate Guys Seminar(s) (Syndication)

Rental Property Investor · Lyndhurst, NJ · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 13 votes

Hey guys! I've been looking into attending more conferences and seminars this year. I came across a syndication seminar that The Real Estate Guys host every year. I was wondering if anyone here has ever attended this seminar before? Is it worth it? These seminars aren't cheap and I just want to make sure I'm not getting scammed or anything along those lines. Any opinions?

Thanks!

0Reply
24 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Paul MoorePro Member
    Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @Dalwin Garcia, If you're interested in learning about syndication and connecting with high-quality like-minded people, I would definitely recommend that event. The Real Estate Guys run things with excellence. I will be attending and speaking at that conference at the end of the month, maybe I'll meet you there. Definitely not a scam! Here's another forum post about it: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/432/topics/368147-reflection-on-secrets-of-successful-syndication-seminar

  • Real Estate Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Not as a bash on gurus, but I think if I were going to spend a pile of money, I'd want to make sure it is something that directly benefits me in the most specific way possible.  How would I do that?

    I would hire an attorney who does syndications and pepper him/her with questions. Cost $400-$600.

    I would find 3-4 people who have actually done syndications in the state/area where I was wanting to invest and cultivate relationships with them via dinners, local networking events, and offering to work for free in exchange for knowledge.  Cost $0 - $1000.

    For less than $1,500 I think I could get a lot more specific knowledge and less hype.  Then once I had done a deal I would go to seminars to find BETTER ways to do MORE deals. 

    The problem I've found with many seminars is you go and get all hyped up, then you get back to reality and fail to take action.  Prove to yourself that you have what it takes to complete the basic acts of cultivating relationships with the movers and shakers in the business, then see if the seminars offer any further value.

    How much is the seminar?  Is there an upsell to "the next level"?  Who else has attended this event and can directly link the information they received to a concrete action they took that at least tripled the fees they spent on it?

  • Fairfield, CA · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 31 votes
    6y

    I've heard great things about them too, but now that in-person events are getting canceled, you might want a good online resource. MultifamilyU.com has tons of free info and Neal Bawa, the CEO and Founder of Grocapitus and Multifamily University, is the most innovative and smartest guy I've seen in the multifamily world, so you'll get a ton of value from him whether you want to invest with someone like him or if you want to start on your own. Definitely would recommend starting there before spending any money on any seminars.

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.