Show a drivers license to get property address, is this normal?

Show a drivers license to get property address, is this normal?

Rental Property Investor · Lakewood Ranch, FL · Member since 2012 · 17 posts · 3 votes

Hello, I am new to investing. Should I have to show my drivers license to view an off market property’s address? I am working through a third party company that lists deals and they are requiring that I provide a picture of my ID and that I sign an NDA. Is this normal? Thanks in advance

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y

Heck! I had to show my driver's license at the recycling center yesterday; no NDA though.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ken Miller:

    Hello, I am new to investing. Should I have to show my drivers license to view an off market property’s address? I am working through a third party company that lists deals and they are requiring that I provide a picture of my ID and that I sign an NDA. Is this normal? Thanks in advance

    Hello Ken,

    The NDA is standard for off-market properties. 

    For Real Estate professionals showing these properties, a business card is typically required. For non-RE professionals, sellers or companies sometimes require ID to keep track of every person who visits the property.

    Best of luck to you on your first deal!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    NDA is normal but DL is not.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lakewood Ranch, FL · Member since 2012 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Abel Curiel Thank you!

  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    Heck! I had to show my driver's license at the recycling center yesterday; no NDA though.

  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Make sure the NDA only covers this specific property. Too many scammers have broad NDAs that state anything they send you you will have to pay them a fee and then they proceed to send you every deal (on and off-market) to your inbox.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.