Newbie ready to invest in NJ ( asking for help)

Newbie ready to invest in NJ ( asking for help)

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes

Hi everyone my Name is Randall Esquivel, I’m a contractor in New Jersey and I’m try to start investing on comercial real estate. I did a flip last year, I bought my house and I did a total rehab on it, my house when from $300,000 to $560,000 and now I’m working on refinance it to start my Journey as real estate investor. Please I need some advice thank you!

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Randall Esquivel:

Hi everyone my Name is Randall Esquivel, I’m a contractor in New Jersey and I’m try to start investing on comercial real estate. I did a flip last year, I bought my house and I did a total rehab on it, my house when from $300,000 to $560,000 and now I’m working on refinance it to start my Journey as real estate investor. Please I need some advice thank you!

Commercial is a very different business and requires serious expertise, deep pockets and solid financials. You need to thoroughly educate yourself on the business and the market. I would recommend you continue to flip and build your cars while you educate yourself on the business. Once you’ve built up cash and knowledge you’ll be ready to strike when you find a deal.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Randall Esquivel:

    Hi everyone my Name is Randall Esquivel, I’m a contractor in New Jersey and I’m try to start investing on comercial real estate. I did a flip last year, I bought my house and I did a total rehab on it, my house when from $300,000 to $560,000 and now I’m working on refinance it to start my Journey as real estate investor. Please I need some advice thank you!

    Commercial is a very different business and requires serious expertise, deep pockets and solid financials. You need to thoroughly educate yourself on the business and the market. I would recommend you continue to flip and build your cars while you educate yourself on the business. Once you’ve built up cash and knowledge you’ll be ready to strike when you find a deal.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Thank you Greg! How can I educate myself on comercial real estate with out trying?

  • Rental Property Investor · NJ/PA · Member since 2016 · 555 posts · 149 votes
    6y

    Build a team first.  NJ is good market, but unique.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Thank you David, I’m working on it 

  • Rental Property Investor · NJ/PA · Member since 2016 · 555 posts · 149 votes
    6y

    Nj real estate increases value rapidly. And with handsome rental income.   still low price.  Maybe the best market in the country. 

  • Rental Property Investor · NJ/PA · Member since 2016 · 555 posts · 149 votes
    6y

    And very high tenants quality. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    is good to hear that, thank you again David, if you ever need a contractor let me know if I can help. I’m from central Jersey area

  • Rental Property Investor · n/a · Member since 2019 · 143 posts · 117 votes
    6y

    If you haven't already, I would start reading all the books on commercial real estate and raising money that you can find.  When you are networking and starting to form a team, you have to understand how the commercial space works so people will take you seriously.  Also once the economy starts to open back up, find out where your local meetups are and talk to everyone you can.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    thank you Brett, I work full time as a sub contractor for a big construction companyIn NJ, and since last year that I finish a little pool house project in NJ, they didn’t have more work for me in this area so they send me to Fairfield CT, so instead of complain about it I decided to listen to audio books to learn more about real estate. 

  • Property Manager · NJ · Member since 2019 · 129 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    @Randall Esquivel Like others said the best would be to get more familiar with commercial real estate. Make sure you attend meetups, read books/audio books and I would even consider seeking a mentor that you can work with to gain more knowledge.

    Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.