Buying a building (residential muti-family)

Buying a building (residential muti-family)

Anoka, MN · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi guys! Wanted to see if you had any ideas as to how to buy a building. My business partner and I have 3 houses paid off and each should be worth $280,000 aprox. Any ideas? 

0Reply
10 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 144 posts · 100 votes
    5y

    Hi Pedro. What size/type of building are you looking to purchase? Also, if you know what your goals are, you can be strategic about how you use your $280,000.

  • Anoka, MN · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I want to continue leveraging that money. It’s actually 2 properties worth $270,000 each. I also have a flip going on. As of now I have managed to live for free. I’m a bit stock. I want more cash flow.

  • Realtor · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2020 · 144 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    1. Establish a relationship with an investment lender ASAP. 

    2. Ensure your RE attorney and CPA are on the same page with the structure you are using for the purchase.

    3. Establish a relationship with an investment RE agent in your area and explain the game plan (types of property, goals for investment numbers, etc.)

    4. Search quality deals

    5. BUY, BUY, BUY

  • Rental Property Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    Pedro, 

    You can absolutely continue to use your leverage of the properties you own. Just as Tyler mentioned above, start a relationship with a lender. With having three houses paid off cash, you will be able to get quite a bit of capital with a cash out refi. Follow the rest of the steps from Tyler above and use that capital to fund future purchases. You are in a great position, good luck.

    Tyler

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.