Real Estate Broker · Carson City, NV · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 7 votes
Looking for suggestions on how I should input space #'s within a mobile home park (or large multi family) into my property management software (AppFolio).
I've recently been hired to collect rent at a mobile home park, however, I'm unsure how I should set up the account. I think that having all 76 spaces included in one debit/credit statement will be overwhelming for the owner's to read and I also don't want to set up each space as an individual residence.
How do your income statements read or how would you prefer them to read? Break down by street? Break down by space # ( 1 - 10 & then 11 - 21?)
I've looked for suggestions through NARPM and AppFolio and had little luck...
Investor · NV and CA · Member since 2016 · 374 posts · 227 votes
6y
@Carson McFadden- Every owner is a little different, but I would prefer a summary page that lists overall income versus expenses, then pages for each individual unit.
Specialist · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 21 votes
6y
I have seen companies set this up a few ways. If your owner wants reporting broken down by street then you would have to set them up as SFR with property groups for each street. I think majority would just set it up as a MFR property.