2 Family Home Needs And Updated Furnace System

2 Family Home Needs And Updated Furnace System

Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I have 2 furnaces  and wanted to convert to 1 for my 2 family home. I was on Homedepot.com looking at the MRCOOL 110,000 BTU Furnace...I Think it would be more efficient.

0Reply
17 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · West Bend, WI · Member since 2015 · 931 posts · 598 votes
    5y

    @K. Dailey why would you do this? Most of us prefer separate utilities and furnaces, we make our tenants pay their own utilities

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I don't have tenants and don't plan on having any...It's a real hassle every year with the furnace situation...I thought just getting one unit would be better

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @K. Dailey, I would recommend calling local HVAC providers.  No one can speak as to whether the listed furnace will be efficient or not.  If it is under served, you will be less efficient, as it will require running all the time.  

    I am not an HVAC technician, but I do not believe it is totally a 1:1 ratio.  I.e. two 5,000 BTU units does not equal 10,000 single unit.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, Massachusetts (MA) · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    you will likely hurt your sale price if you eliminate the heating system, so only do this if are going to convert it to a single family "permanently".

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thank you so much... I never thought about it causing any issues outside of converting the systems...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.