Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
The typical minimum threshold for investing passively in a real estate syndication is $50K.
Anyone interested in investing at this level should have liquid funds beyond this investment value, should be aware of potential losses, and be “okay” with the possibility of losing these invested funds.
Your money will be illiquid during the hold time (you can’t withdraw your investment capital until the asset is sold). Thus, you should intentionally set up financial arrangements so that you will not need to access this money for quite some time.
Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y
My first passive syndication investment years ago had a stated minimum of $50k. I was just shy of that in liquid investment assets at the time so I offered $35k and they accepted. Everything in life is negotiable :)
Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y
My first passive syndication investment years ago had a stated minimum of $50k. I was just shy of that in liquid investment assets at the time so I offered $35k and they accepted. Everything in life is negotiable :)
United States · Member since 2015 · 401 posts · 394 votes
5y
I agree the typical/minimum is $50K, but you'll also see $100K fairly often and $25K here and there. As others have said, most of the time there is wiggle room down to about $25K as the lowest I've seen; a bunch of $25K investors on a $5M+ raise for example is just a lot of back end work to carry.