Cost to Builder for New Construction

Cost to Builder for New Construction

New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hi, Can someone tell me the cost to a builder/developer to build a new construction single family home? I'm trying to figure out the costs per sq ft to a builder to build a house before they turn around and sell it to a buyer. The type of house would include viking appliances, hardy board, and Andersen windows for example. Thanks!

1Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Robert EllisBusiness Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Amy Ka:

Hi, Can someone tell me the cost to a builder/developer to build a new construction single family home? I'm trying to figure out the costs per sq ft to a builder to build a house before they turn around and sell it to a buyer. The type of house would include viking appliances, hardy board, and Andersen windows for example. Thanks!


 Our market on filed permits averages $140 per sq ft for builder grade. The finishes you talk about without land I'd say will be $200 / sq ft 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Amy Ka:

    Hi, Can someone tell me the cost to a builder/developer to build a new construction single family home? I'm trying to figure out the costs per sq ft to a builder to build a house before they turn around and sell it to a buyer. The type of house would include viking appliances, hardy board, and Andersen windows for example. Thanks!


     Our market on filed permits averages $140 per sq ft for builder grade. The finishes you talk about without land I'd say will be $200 / sq ft 

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Thanks @Robert Ellis! Just to confirm this is for Long Island and not Ohio? 

  • Appraiser · Leitchfield, KY · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 42 votes
    2y

    The Marshal and Swift cost handbook gives average cost to build houses. Has all types and for every region in the US. Even has adjustments for type of materials you can use. 

  • Real Estate Agent · NJ & NY · Member since 2022 · 99 posts · 53 votes
    2y

    I am a realtor that works primarily with investors/flippers/developers in Brooklyn NY, and sell properties all throughout Long Island. For a developer construction costs in Brooklyn are about $350-375 buidable sqft included soft costs, labor, material. If he is using higher end material and appliances, use the later $/sqft. I would assume Long Island is very similar in pricing, but maybe slightly less expensive. These numbers come straight from one of the developers I work with in Brooklyn. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.