SFR Are Tough To Pencil Out Right Now

SFR Are Tough To Pencil Out Right Now

Investor · Willis, TX · Member since 2014 · 245 posts · 124 votes

I'm in the Houston market. SFR rentals have gotten increasingly more difficult to buy and have them cashflow.

Rates are UP.

Insurance is UP.

Taxes are UP.

Values... we are seeing some price drops but it isn't enough to make $300+ cashflow.... maybe flat at best.

So... what's the alternative? Build your own duplexes. 

Have you thought about building? What questions do you have about it? Happy to answer any questions...

Juan-

0Reply
92 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    1y

    Buy multi.  The prices are down pretty big in some cases.  I've been buying tons of property in Montrose.  $100k/door used to be the floor, now it's the ceiling. 

  • Investor · Willis, TX · Member since 2014 · 245 posts · 124 votes
    1y

    I like it! Send them over for review. Saw a couple of them not too long ago (couple months probably) but the rehab on some of those are just going to be pretty heavy. I thought they might be tear downs and start over but who knows.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.