Looking for ideas and experience with property development

Looking for ideas and experience with property development

Investor · Cartersville, GA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 2 votes

Looking for ideas and experience with an 11-acre development property

I own approximately 11.9 acres in Georgia, including the land my house sits on. I plan to keep the house and roughly half an acre, leaving an estimated 11.4 acres that could be developed or sold. The property is zoned MR-1.

I’ve put together a preliminary concept for 16 pairs of patio homes, or 32 units, accounting for the creek, floodplain, and wetlands. It is not an approved site plan or a confirmed unit count.

I know there are flatter, simpler sites. This land came with my house, and the zoning was already in place. Financing has been a challenge because I need an experienced developer involved to move the project forward.

I’m open to any thoughts or ideas, especially from anyone who has worked on something similar. What possibilities do you see for the land? How would you approach developing it, finding the right partner, or evaluating a sale?

I’m also open to selling the land beyond the house parcel. The acreage available would be subject to survey and subdivision.

0Reply
26 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.