Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Deborah Cavallaro
  • Wholesaler
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Contractors Costs Per Square Foot for Second Floor Additions?

Deborah Cavallaro
  • Wholesaler
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Apr 7 2016, 16:09

Hi BP Community,

I'm considering doing a high end redesign and addition to an 1800 sf SFH. I'd like to gut and redesign the existing first floor of the house and add a 1400 - 1500sf second floor for a total living area of 3200 - 3300sf. The property is on the west side of Los Angeles and I'd like to know what this kind of higher end project will cost me i.e. plans, engineering, permits and construction costs?  

I don't know if "high end" is the right description so I'll tell you some of the features I'm considering and maybe you can tell me if it's high end or mid range?  

Mediterranean Style or Traditional Style, 4 beds, 3 or 4 baths, smooth stucco finish for Mediterranean and stone and stucco (not smooth) for Traditional, a few arched windows the rest rectangular.  Two car garage.

Interior- 10' ceilings (currently has 8' ceiling), crown moldings throughout the whole house, 4-6" base moldings throughout.  Gas fireplace on first floor.

12mm engineered floors everywhere except baths.  Baths flooring is 18x24 porcelain tile.  Kitchen counters are granite, back-splash  either granite or some kind of stone tile.

Maybe I should stop here and wait for your response and questions.  I just wanted to give you some idea of the type of project I'm planning so you can give me some kind of idea of the costs.   

Thanks for your help.

Deborah

Loading replies...