Phila, PA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
Hi everyone,
Very new to BP and my partner and I are getting our finances together and strategizing to purchase our first property in early 2018. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone can point me in the direction of some good info on rehab and construction costs. I understand that each property is very different and regionally labor rates and costs can vary, but just looking for general info on estimating. There may be some user error on my part in navigating the site as I'm still getting the hang of the forum, so if there is something obvious on BP there is a good chance I've missed it.
We are really looking forward to getting more involved and learning as much as possible, thanks in advance for all the info that is shared on this site and hopefully answers to my request.
Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
9y
Adam.
I wish I could give you a good answer, but the best answer that you're going to get will be from a local contractor. I'd recommend reaching out to someone locally who knows the costs in your city. Reach out to them and walk through some deals with them. Then you'll begin to look at a house and already know what the costs will be.
Investor · San Diego CA · Member since 2014 · 341 posts · 139 votes
8y
I would agree, and take it a step further and talk to a couple different contractors locally. Go look at some deals with them and get as much square foot pricing you can. Just make sure to give them a shot at doing the work when it comes time.