Espresso cabinets what color hardwood floor stain

Espresso cabinets what color hardwood floor stain

Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 56 votes

I’m renovating a house that I might flip or live in. I have espresso cabinets, I don’t know what the trends are, I’m debating going with a light stain, but I guess if I were to sell the home I want to go with a stain that might bring higher value, or more buyers.

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Theresa HarrisPro Member
Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
6y

@John Gach  Don't worry about trends, go with what looks good.  I'd go with a lighter flooring and backsplash as the darker finish on the cabinets will make the room look darker.  Google 'espresso cabinets floor color' and click on images-there are lots of good photos to give you ideas.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y

    @John Gach  Don't worry about trends, go with what looks good.  I'd go with a lighter flooring and backsplash as the darker finish on the cabinets will make the room look darker.  Google 'espresso cabinets floor color' and click on images-there are lots of good photos to give you ideas.

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    I try to make floors and cabinets vary a lot in color. ie, dark floor with white cabinets, lighter floor with darker cabinets. What you really need to avoid is something that's similar in color/finish but not exactly the same.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 884 posts · 670 votes
    6y

    After they sand your floors they will be able to lay down 4-6 different stains and let you choose which one looks the best. 

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I am a kitchen cabinet supplier and this question comes up very often. Your cabinets are quite dark so I would recommend a light floor and and light countertop. You always want to keep a contrast as it is visually more appealing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.