I recently bought a four bed three bath single-family home in Elk Grove California. We only use the two bed upstairs, and planning to rent our one bed one bath master bedroom at the ground floor. The master bedroom has its own entrance and exit, bath tub sink and toilet.
I am thinking to turn it into a rental I only need a kitchenette. I already found a renter who wants it for $850/month , well below market rate. She is asking if there is a way for me to add a kitchenette and have her use our laundry. If you know anyone from Sacramento and Elk Grove California area that has experience on working on this, please let me know.
Real Estate Agent 路 Sacramento, CA 路 Member since 2020 路 21 posts 路 19 votes
5y
If it is below market why are you considering spending additional money to build out a kitchenette?
You are essentially renting a stand alone studio at that point. Not sure what the market is in Elk Grove for studios, but a little research may be helpful.
Could you advertise the space as is? How would utilities be split? Are you against sharing common areas with tenant?