Building single family home Nashville area

2 Replies

@Chaz Desousa

Depends what you're used to will determine if you think it's hard or not. 

The city is not easy to deal with in Davidson county, but they aren't the worst. If you go further south in Williamson county they are the hardest to deal with in all of America. 

Dickson, Rutherford, Cheatham, Wilson are all exponentially more friendly than anything in Davidson. 

Permitting all depends on what and where you are building. It can be as fast as 2 weeks and take much longer if it has some sort of complications like access for fire personnel and that sort of thing. 

Trades jobs are extremely difficult right now. You need to schedule jobs 3 months out. My drywall guy is hanging drywall 12 hours a day 6 days a week and is 8 weeks out on jobs. 

Cost of lumber is stupid high at the moment. Not a Nashville thing, but everywhere. I'd recommend doing slab as a result. 

@Luka Milicevic

Thanks for the info.

I just finished a 4 lot subdivision in fort lauderdale and it took the county 1 and a half years to complete the subdivision.

I'll check out the counties you mentioned but I hear what your saying about the material prices and labour.

I'll probably wait till this madness calms down.