Best Market for tri/four-plex with FHA loan

Best Market for tri/four-plex with FHA loan

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 13 votes

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a promotion at work that allows me to live remotely in any part of the country. I wanted to make the most of this opportunity and invest in real estate. So far, I have 1 turn key investment property but I've been living on rent but my lease just ended. With the flexibility, I'm wondering if any of you have any guidance on the best markets for duplex, triplex, and quadplexes so that I can live in one of the units and rent out the others to long term tenants. I'm hoping to use the house hacking strategy and put down 3.5% down using the FHA loan. Ideally I'd love to have a great cash flowing triplex or quadplex property in the $200k-$450k range. Looking for advice on what markets to look into!

Thank you and greatly appreciated!

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    Hi Everyone,

    I recently got a new job that allows me to live remotely in any part of the country. I wanted to make the most of this opportunity and invest in real estate. So far, I have 1 turn key investment property but I've been living on rent but my lease just ended. With the flexibility, I'm wondering if any of you have any guidance on the best markets for duplex, triplex, and quadplexes so that I can live in one of the units and rent out the others to long term tenants. I'm hoping to use the house hacking strategy and put down 3.5% down using the FHA loan. Ideally I'd love to have a great cash flowing triplex or quadplex property in the $200k-$450k

    range. Looking for advice on what markets

    to look into!

    Thank you and greatly appreciated!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.