Is it possible to separate HUDs between seller and buyer?

Is it possible to separate HUDs between seller and buyer?

Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Hello, 

I've called a few of title company's and both have said they don't separate HUDs between the seller and buyer, so that the seller cannot see the assignment fee. I've heard of a seller who conducts his business this way. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just more difficult to find a title company that separates HUDs? I'm guessing this isn't the norm for title company's? 

Thanks, 

Julian

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper / Buyer · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2013 · 160 posts · 80 votes
    4y

    Correct many title companies won't.  I believe I have bought from a few wholesalers that had separate huds so it's possible.  If I remember correctly fidelity was one of the title companies I had that experience with.  The others would be smaller local and unless you are in Washington they won't do you any good.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    4y

    SOme do, I have had separate HUDs several times in the past. That said, why do you want to hide the fee? The biyer is either happy with the purchase price or isn't. No need to hide it. If you want to hide your fee, you need to double close but know that in disclosure states, the transaction could be looked up after and they will know what your fee was eventually.

    The only reason I know that a wholesaler would want to hide a fee is if they feel their fee is higher than it should be, but ultimately, if you passed along a true deal and the buyer liked the price, no need to hide it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.