First investment VS the deal you're currently looking at?

First investment VS the deal you're currently looking at?

Real Estate Agent · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2022 · 22 posts · 83 votes

I'm curious to see the growth many investors have made!

What was your very first real estate related investment compared to the deal you're currently looking at? Feel free to share dates, tag your investors and reminisce on the good and the bad. Each deal is a stepping stone creating how we invest today or learn about what we should and shouldn't do.

2Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 93 votes
4y

My first deal was a single family turn key in Oklahoma city. I took the strategy of scaling by deal size, so I have worked my way up to my current project of a 63,000 SF mixed use development, which includes a 37 unit affordable housing component. 

Keep pushing towards your goals, all day every day, and eventually you will get there

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 93 votes
    4y

    My first deal was a single family turn key in Oklahoma city. I took the strategy of scaling by deal size, so I have worked my way up to my current project of a 63,000 SF mixed use development, which includes a 37 unit affordable housing component. 

    Keep pushing towards your goals, all day every day, and eventually you will get there

  • Rental Property Investor · OK · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    My first deal was a wholesale deal that I wholetaled because I didn't know what I was doing...

    Now we are looking for our first 10+ unit!

    Persistence and discipline are key.

  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    FIRST DEAL: Single family home in South Scottsdale that I bought for $207,000, completely renovated, and sold a few months later for $323,000. Profit on that deal was about $40k which was amazing. Even more important than the money I got educated on the entire flip process including buying a short sale, working with contractors, picking finishes, staging, hiring a photographer, resale strategy, etc.

    CURRENT DEAL: I have a few deals going on but highlights on the biggest one is another single family home I bought in December 2021 for $1,560,000. I'm working with a team of draftsmen, designer, and engineers right now on a near tear-down renovation plan that will be ready to submit to the city soon. (we are only saving the slab and a few exterior walls). Renovation budget will be ~$1.8M and ARV on this deal will be ~$4.75M.

    Many of the deals I'm doing nowadays are oddly almost exactly the same as the first deal I did around 10 years ago. But the numbers have just gotten bigger.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.