Looking for 20% down multi family loan - does that still exist?

Looking for 20% down multi family loan - does that still exist?

Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 8 votes

Hello fellow BPers,

I have two multi family new builds under contract in Texas and Florida.  I didn't plan on buying two properties at the same time but the building schedules due to supply chain and permit issues (so I'm told) have put both project MANY months behind. Lenders I've spoken to said their minimum down payment for a multi family property is 25% but I'm hoping to find 20% down.  Does that exist?

Thanks so much!

4Reply
92 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott WolfPro Member
Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 958 votes
4y
Quote from @Isaiah Gabaldon:

@Karen Kikalo tell them your going to live in them. You could possibly put down as little as 3 to 5%. Doesn't hurt to ask


 That's mortgage fraud if you don't actually intend to live in them.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.