How to Find Deals in Small Towns

How to Find Deals in Small Towns

Petoskey, MI · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes

I am pretty new to real estate investing. My wife and I were successful in finding a really good deal about a year ago and we are now looking for our next sfh. Our markets are the small town we live and other surrounding small towns. My questions are 1.) How is everyone managing the high interest rates? When I run numbers I am not finding anything that cash flows in our area. Home prices have gone up but rent prices have not kept up over the past couple of years. 2.) Are there websites for wholesaling in smalltowns? I am not finding a lot of resources other than zillow or looking at doing mailers to find homes in our area. TIA.

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Find an active REI or LL Association in your area and go network. Wholesalers will be there.

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    New to Real Estate · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2021 · 352 posts · 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Matthew Free:

    I am pretty new to real estate investing. My wife and I were successful in finding a really good deal about a year ago and we are now looking for our next sfh. Our markets are the small town we live and other surrounding small towns. My questions are 1.) How is everyone managing the high interest rates? When I run numbers I am not finding anything that cash flows in our area. Home prices have gone up but rent prices have not kept up over the past couple of years. 2.) Are there websites for wholesaling in smalltowns? I am not finding a lot of resources other than zillow or looking at doing mailers to find homes in our area. TIA.

    Drive for dollars!
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Higher rates call for lower pricing, i am buying cheap right now. Cheaper than if rates were low. If there is no demand for purchasing in the town I would reconsider where you are investing. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.