How to obtain a list of Home Owners in a specific zip code

How to obtain a list of Home Owners in a specific zip code

New to Real Estate · FL · Member since 2022 · 95 posts · 18 votes

Hello everyone,

I live in Miami FL and I am looking to buy a larger home from the current home that I own. There is a specific area in Miami that I want to move into but most homes on the market are overpriced. My plan is to go door to door knocking or call on current owners to see if they have an interest in selling. Obviously, I am going to drive around to find homes that are in bad shape. But I also want to call some of the owners directly, because it's an older community and I am hoping to find an older or elderly person and offer them cash. Where can I obtain a list of owners name and contact information in Miami FL?

Thank you. 

0Reply
27 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2022 · 117 posts · 110 votes
    3y

    Online tax records and the GIS is an excellent way to find the names of owners. You will have mailing addresses, but not phone numbers or emails. However, you can often match owners' names with social media profiles, and message them directly. I've done this with some success.

    There are paid tools that do this for you, and even provide lists of phone numbers. However, I have not used them yet. 

  • New to Real Estate · FL · Member since 2022 · 95 posts · 18 votes
    3y

    What is GIS? and what do I type in the search engine to find these paid tools to provide the information?

    Does the county where I live offer any information?

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Aloha,

    In the past I have used  https://www.usdatacorporation....   to customize mailing lists to specific demographics, regions, zip codes, and other criteria.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.