First time investor looking into LTR in Leavenworth, KS?

First time investor looking into LTR in Leavenworth, KS?

Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi all,

I'm a first time (out of state) investor looking to purchase something in the Kansas City Area within the next few months. I'm considering self-managing via long term rentals, and many of the homes in this area seem to meet the 1% rule. One of my questions is regarding leavenworth, KS. It appears to be a low crime area with decent 3Bed/2Bath houses in the 150~200k range, which we could currently finance via DSRC loan. Rents look to range anywhere from ~1500-2200 in this area, but I'm wondering more about demand and whether or not it's a good area to invest in?

Any thoughts or advice for other areas to look into would be greatly appreciated. We've already contacted lenders but I want to have a good understanding of the city before I contact a real estate agent.

1Reply
22 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    That is a good area, pretty safe. There is a military base there so that's the main driving point for people. It is also 30 ish min from KC. Happy to help in any way :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.