Potential OOS investor looking for real estate management / turnkey

Potential OOS investor looking for real estate management / turnkey

Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 6 votes

Hello,

Long time lurker. I have been seriously considering OOS investing finally and am hoping the folks here can give me a list of reputable real estate agents/companies/Bigger Pocket member to start working with in Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm looking to see if doing OOS is even possible given my specific interests in passive investing (meaning I"m looking for turnkey groups or even condos in the appropriate setting). 

Thank you all,

James

0Reply
16 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Russellville, AR · Member since 2014 · 684 posts · 509 votes
    3y

    Start with @David Greene's book about long-distance investing. It's got some great advice regarding setting yourself up for success. You could also check around to see if you have a local REIA. The members there could probably provide some great advice. Chances are, there's a long-distance investor in the group.

    As far as LR, I live just about an hour away.  I don't know much about it, but I know there are some good investments to be found there.  Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2023 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    3y
    Quote from @James Kim:

    Hello,

    Long time lurker. I have been seriously considering OOS investing finally and am hoping the folks here can give me a list of reputable real estate agents/companies/Bigger Pocket member to start working with in Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm looking to see if doing OOS is even possible given my specific interests in passive investing (meaning I"m looking for turnkey groups or even condos in the appropriate setting). 

    Thank you all,

    James

    Hi James,

    Happy to see you are starting your investment journey with some potential rental investments! I personally am a fan of the buy and hold or BRRRR strategy for real estate investing, especially for OOS investors who aren't going to be familiar with the area. I recommend finding a real estate agent who works closely with investment property. Agents who only work with residential sales and finding families their perfect dream home don't have the same perspective as an agent who finds homes for investors. 

    Plus when you work with an investment real estate agent you will be able to gain contacts to hard money lenders, property managers, title companies, contractors and more! 
  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 161 posts · 217 votes
    3y

    Hi @James Kim, 

    Congrats on looking to grow your portfolio out of state! I think this is awesome, it forces you to really be an investor instead of a landlord. When considering OOS investing, look for markets with strong economic fundamentals, such as job growth, population growth, and low unemployment rates. This can help ensure demand for rental properties in the area. If you're looking for the best cities for cash flow, look at this link: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.