I found a beautiful sloped 0.3 acres land overlooking San Jose view on top of a mountain. It is zoned for commercial use but all around the land are residential single family homes. Can I put an airstream or RV, clear tent, or tiny home on this commercial land while I try to change the zoning to residential? Or do I have to wait to change the zoning to residential to be able to do that? If it’s a commercial land, can I make it an RV park and put three RV on the land and rent all three out on Airbnb? I want to use this land to generate income with unique Airbnb experiences and in the future be able to live on this land with my partner. Any thoughts or resources?
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
3y
@Monica Lee welcome to BP! Check with zoning before you do anything! Changing how it is zoned may take an act of God and there are no guarantees of outcome. So trust in nothing! All the best!
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y
Look at your code of ordinances and see exactly what the property is zoned for. From there it will tell you what you can, and can’t do. There are not many things you can do without putting money into the property.