Redemption Tax Deeds in GA & Insurance

Redemption Tax Deeds in GA & Insurance

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Good morning, 

I am looking to pick up a couple of redeemable deeds at tax sales in the metro area in the next few months. I just wanted to know if I would be able to insure my interest during the redemption period? My biggest fear is the property burning down being left with land value. I also plan on asking my insurance broker that I work closely with but thought I would through it out here also.

Thank you.

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 321 votes
    3y

    @Tay Williamson

    Most insurance company will not insure GA tax deed properties. In reality the previous owner or creditors still have redemption rights.If you do find one, the cost may be very high.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.