New House Build - Asheville Area, Chimney Rock

New House Build - Asheville Area, Chimney Rock

Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 3 votes

Hey Everyone,

I'm in the process of building a new house to be used as a short-term rental in the surrounding Asheville area (closer to Chimney Rock/Lake Lure).  I recently closed on the land and now I'm looking to find a builder for the project.  Would be great to connect to any builders that work in this area or talk with others that have some recommendations.  

Here are some of the details: Lot size 1.28 acres, slightly sloping (~20%) lot. House design is to be A-frame, ~1150 sf with additional unfinished basement, 2 bed, 2.5 bath. The lot is overgrown with brush, but not a lot of big trees in the area where the house will go. Good access to house from local access road. No HOA, so no architectural review.

Any help would be appreciated...not easy finding a builder in today's market!

-Sean



1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Doniel WinterPro Member
Asheville NC · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 41 votes
3y

Contact Jeff Dorsten

Wells Construction Group, Asheville

https://wellsconstructiongroup...

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Doniel WinterPro Member
    Asheville NC · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 41 votes
    3y

    Contact Jeff Dorsten

    Wells Construction Group, Asheville

    https://wellsconstructiongroup...

  • Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 463 posts · 507 votes
    3y

    Hey @Sean Boyle. Another option: Boxwood Homes. My friend Mitch Roedel there can help you. I'll send you his contact info.

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Much appreciated.  Thanks @Doniel Winter and @Mitch Davidson.

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hey Sean, hope your project is doing well!

    I'm in the TN area and was hoping to do something similar. Would love to chat and get insight into your process. I sent you a DM!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.