New to Real Estate · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 7 votes
I am trying to figure out how I can put down less than 20% more like 15% for an investment property? I called a traditional bank and they said for a conventional loan I had to put down 20%. The property is turn key so not value add, someone suggested hard money but I know see the need for hard money since I don't have any renovations and from my knowledge most hard money lenders require 20% also?. I know every investor isn't putting down 20% for each property so would like to know different strategies. Thanks!
Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 0 votes
3y
Hi Rahnesha! I'm in OC also (Irvine)! I would try talking to a different lender perhaps. Not sure why they're saying you can't put less than 20% down even with PMI. I'll recommend the lender we use. Here's the website of our partner. Good luck!
Lender · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2022 · 2k+ posts · 667 votes
3y
Hi there, I know of a few lenders that allow for 85ltv on a purchase. A lot of other compensating factors must be validating but it’s worth a shot. Send me a private message happy to help!!