Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
Hello, friends.
I want something as pompous as possible, something that will just clutch at the heartstrings of every status-seeking, jumped-up piece of white Pittsburgh-area trash. Something easy to write on a check.
My model for this is Jordan Belfort, the Wolf of Wall Street, who famously named his company "Stratton Oakmont."
The best I can come up with is Cavendish Hawthorne Properties, LLC. The only problem is that it's just too long. I could abbreviate to CH Properties, but where's the pomp in that?
One of my coaching students recently bought a domain name from: https://dan.com/domain-seller/fat-cat-brands. I never really thought about buying a premium domain name; however, it kind of makes sense, if you are going to spend thousands (or tens of thousands) of dollars building a brand, paying for a professional domain name isn't a bad way to build a brand.
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
3y
You are right @Jim K. A name that reflects your own chutzpah a name with that Je ne sais quoi quality that will make people grovel and grasp at your ankles proclaiming 'please, PLEASE rent to me! My life is incomplete if I am not your tenant'. I'm right am I not? That is what you seek!
You are right @Jim K. A name that reflects your own chutzpah a name with that Je ne sais quoi quality that will make people grovel and grasp at your ankles proclaiming 'please, PLEASE rent to me! My life is incomplete if I am not your tenant'. I'm right am I not? That is what you seek!
I want a name that a well-scrubbed hustling rube with a little taste would love. Someone whom good nutrition has given some length of bone, but who isn't more than one generation away from poor white trash. With a West Virginia accent they've tried so hard to shed, and a coal miner father who stinks of the lamp.
Cavendish-Hawthorne Regency Properties, LLC. "Just write CHRP LLC on the check, ma'am."
All right! Now we're getting somewhere! Penn MANSIONS! Royal LUX! The INDUSTRIALIST! This screams ostentatious social-climber! This is SOLID GOLD! All you need is some ketchup and the Yinzers who are ashamed of being Yinzers will eat this up all day long!
@Jim K. I’ve been using chat GPT to get idea suggestions for names and then checking to see if those domains are available. Hope that helps.
OUTSTANDING! But I think artificial intelligence will need some time before it understands how to properly market brands to jumped-up parvenus and social-climbers.