Any tips to be a cash for keys investor?

Any tips to be a cash for keys investor?

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I'm just starting out but I don't really know where to start. Does anyone have any tips on how to be successful in the venture?

0Reply
6 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Cameron Ward:

    I'm just starting out but I don't really know where to start. Does anyone have any tips on how to be successful in the venture?


     Cash for keys is when you give tenant cash to get out, 

  • Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2020 · 202 posts · 203 votes
    3y

    Cash for Keys is a term that is typically used to describe giving tenants a lump sum of cash in exchange for moving out of a property.

    Maybe you mean a "Cash Offer" wholesale investor?  

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Reed Rickenbach:

    Cash for Keys is a term that is typically used to describe giving tenants a lump sum of cash in exchange for moving out of a property.

    Maybe you mean a "Cash Offer" wholesale investor?  

    Well I'd be offering to pay cash for people whose homes are in foreclosure in an effort to help them relocate for the deed to the place. I only used cash for keys because it seemed like the closet thing to what I'm doing.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    My tip would be to work for an investor who is doing what you want to do. Learn all the knowledge you can and start buying houses when you have a sufficient knowledge base to not get burned. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.