Tips & Best Practices on Locating Section 8 HAKC Renters (Kansas City Specific)

Tips & Best Practices on Locating Section 8 HAKC Renters (Kansas City Specific)

Investor · Member since 2022 · 157 posts · 162 votes

I purchased a property with Section-8/HAKC tenant in place and he recently moved out. I had a good experience with the tenant and liked the timely rent payment too (he left the unit in good shape contrary to some who say Section-8 will trash your property). I've been on the HAKC website and the sites they recommend to use to locate tenants are not good to put it mildly, some direct to non-working URL's others are poorly designed sites that I'm having issues posting the property on.

Any tips/tricks from people leveraging Section 8 tenants in KC on how you find tenants? Any insight appreciated and thanks in advance.

- George

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Laura MarksBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Independence, MO · Member since 2020 · 127 posts · 111 votes
    2y

    There's a Section 8 facebook group that I post in often. Also, if you're a landlord with Section 8, you can advertise on Bob.ai. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.