Looking for Advice on Investing in Metaire, LA

Looking for Advice on Investing in Metaire, LA

Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hi all. I'm scoping out a new market that isn't familiar to me and keep hearing conflicting things about the area. I've come across a few potentially good condo properties (as far as the numbers go) in Metaire / Fat City, Louisiana, but keep getting hung up on whether or not the area is worth the investment.

I've spoken to numerous agents, and while they've all agreed that the area is currently undergoing revitalization, based on what they say about the area in general, I haven't really been able to figure out if that will translate into a good rental market. Honestly, I can't figure out if the current rental market, pre-revitalization, is even good. The agents seem to give conflicting info on whether or not Fat City is a 'good' area (translation: safe, desirable rental market) with some saying they wouldn't even consider buying in that area of Metaire - saying they would "only" consider buying on the west side, around the University City area, where the Chateau Golf & Country club are. So truly I'm looking for any info regarding Metaire as a whole, and then more specifically, about the Fat City area- and ANY other areas in Metaire that you may have experience with or know anything about.

Any advice at all - no matter how small - is welcome!

Thank you!!

Amanda

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 376 posts · 242 votes
    2y

    @Amanda Bahil

    I am an investor in the New Orleans market so I might be able to help to an extent since Metairie is right outside of the NOLA city limits. I am not very familiar though with Fat City to be honest. Metairie itself can be a good area to invest but you have to be very selective of the specific neighborhood. Just like the NOLA city limits, neighborhoods can shift very quickly as far as safety is concerned. These shifts can occur within a block or two so each potential investment property would need to be considered on a case by case basis. You are welcome to connect and reach out if you have other questions about the area. I will do my best to help. 

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Konstantin! Thank you so much for the reply.  So sorry for the delayed response - I had a family emergency shortly after posting and finally just coming back around.

    Thank you for the insights. I have been focusing on condo units as of now because of the uncertainty and I figured it might be a safer bet. 

    I truly appreciate you reaching out and will most definitely bounce a few things off of you in the future!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.