We are thinking of buying a next-gen home in the Sierra West neighborhood in Roseville. Long term we have plans to move there. But in the next 2-3 years, we would like to rent it out. My main question is, can the house be rented to two different tenants? These houses are fairly big size within an in-law portion with in the house (not an ADU). if we rent out the in-law portion separately, would there be privacy concerns for the main house renters?
Real Estate Broker · Rocklin, CA · Member since 2020 · 221 posts · 82 votes
2y
@Ven Reddy yes you can rent both separate as the entrance is totally separate but how about utilities. I’m from that area and know about those floor plans. All the best. Can be room mates and that’s how it’s gonna work or totally 2 separate tenants.
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 6 votes
2y
@Ven Reddy, I'm curious if you pulled the trigger on this. I'm thinking about doing the same and would love to know your experience so far. Thanks for any insights!