Advice on the North Carolina Investing

Advice on the North Carolina Investing

New to Real Estate · NJ · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 19 votes

Hey all, 

   I wanted to ask any locals in the North Carolina region such as Raleigh, Greensboro, etc how the market is over there. I can do all the research but input from a local resident/ investor giving their two cents on the market would be awesome. Any help would be appreciated! 

1Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 303 posts · 288 votes
2y

Hey there Nikash, I'm a local investor, agent, house hacker. I have plenty of resources I could share with you if you're looking for some.

I am renovating a property I plan to house hack in North Raleigh and originally decided to move here from Dallas TX. I did a boatload of research as you probably are too right now. It's a little more expensive than national average, primarily due to cost of housing. Still plenty of good investment opportunities here and would be glad to discuss any questions you have over call. Just shoot me a PM anytime.

Lifestyle wise, greenery everywhere, great trails, 2 hours from ocean and 2-3 from mountains - what a great combination. Plenty of lakes too. A little more laid back than a big city would be but endless things to do and a quick shot into Durham and nearby towns offers additional shopping, sports events, national forests and parks, etc. Love Raleigh.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2023 · 24 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    Hi Nikash, I work in Raleigh but live in Fayetteville. The markets here are great for rentals especially near a military base. If you are looking for flips, the market in Raleigh is very competitive with it being in a big city with tons of available jobs and such. Last year Raleigh was ranked #1 as the hottest housing market and Fayetteville was just ranked by BiggerPockets as one of the top 10 Cash Flow markets in the nation for 2024. There is always something available and now buyers are wanting to buy because of the mortgage rate decline. 

  • New to Real Estate · NJ · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 19 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Hannah Roach:

    Hi Nikash, I work in Raleigh but live in Fayetteville. The markets here are great for rentals especially near a military base. If you are looking for flips, the market in Raleigh is very competitive with it being in a big city with tons of available jobs and such. Last year Raleigh was ranked #1 as the hottest housing market and Fayetteville was just ranked by BiggerPockets as one of the top 10 Cash Flow markets in the nation for 2024. There is always something available and now buyers are wanting to buy because of the mortgage rate decline. 


     Hey Hannah, awesome I'll keep those things in mind. Thanks for the advice!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 303 posts · 288 votes
    2y

    Hey there Nikash, I'm a local investor, agent, house hacker. I have plenty of resources I could share with you if you're looking for some.

    I am renovating a property I plan to house hack in North Raleigh and originally decided to move here from Dallas TX. I did a boatload of research as you probably are too right now. It's a little more expensive than national average, primarily due to cost of housing. Still plenty of good investment opportunities here and would be glad to discuss any questions you have over call. Just shoot me a PM anytime.

    Lifestyle wise, greenery everywhere, great trails, 2 hours from ocean and 2-3 from mountains - what a great combination. Plenty of lakes too. A little more laid back than a big city would be but endless things to do and a quick shot into Durham and nearby towns offers additional shopping, sports events, national forests and parks, etc. Love Raleigh.

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2022 · 811 posts · 578 votes
    2y

    @Benjamin Carver @Nikash Rajeshbabu

    You guys realize you are both Sheek's Freaks members right? Funny seeing you guys interact without realizing haha. 

  • New to Real Estate · NJ · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 19 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Benjamin Sulka:

    @Benjamin Carver @Nikash Rajeshbabu

    You guys realize you are both Sheek's Freaks members right? Funny seeing you guys interact without realizing haha. 

    Small world man haha
  • Real Estate Broker · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2023 · 80 posts · 45 votes
    2y

    I am a local realtor and investor here in Greensboro. Please reach out if you are looking for investment properties in this area. 

    Thanks

    Mohammad

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.