Flipping without capital gains tax consequences

Flipping without capital gains tax consequences

Multi-family Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2014 · 90 posts · 1 vote

If there's a country that is tax friendly and pay no capital gains or estate (inherance) means it will be better to flip than being a landlord?

Let say the investor wants a quick ROI and tax benefits.

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Multi-family Investor · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2014 · 90 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Anyone?

  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    You need to restate your actual question, it's not clear what you're asking about. Flip income isn't subject to capital gains, it's taxed at ordinary income rates. So what is it you were/are thinking of?

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    I pay no capital gains tax, yet I participate in a "flip" activity. In fact, I pay no federal or state income tax at all. Yet I participate in a "flip" activity, where the property is bought and sold in less than a year. And it is legal, and IRS approved.

    So the country is the US.

    I do this by lending from a self directed IRA, by the way.... so technically, I don't do anything. The IRA does everything. And they do what I direct.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.