What’s the long term play on commercial Office Space?

What’s the long term play on commercial Office Space?

Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 382 posts · 258 votes

It appears that there will be a slow downward grind over 2024-25 for commercial office space/buildings given the work from home trends that have developed as a direct result of COVID-19. Doesn’t seem like things are going to be changing anytime soon. It seems in many cases, it’s not financially viable to repurpose the space for multifamily, storage, etc. Some cases the land is worth more than the buildings.
It seems we all have hindsight when it comes to the 2008 downturn but what’s the play 10 years from now when we look back on 2024 / 2025? 

1Reply
22 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Hoquiam, WA · Member since 2021 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    I am interested in this as well. I have no idea what's going to happen. I believe there is an opportunity here but I don't exactly know what it is yet. Hopefully someone chimes in other than me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.