Best neighborhoods/small cities near Ocala

Best neighborhoods/small cities near Ocala

Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Any input appreciated: best areas (Silver Springs Shores/Belleview, etc) for renting to a family? Looking at several, have not been there physically. Am working with a great realtor, but interested in any input on these neighborhoods near Ocala.

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 107 posts · 92 votes
    2y

    It depends on a lot of factors, but generally speaking, I like the shores and Marion oaks.  They share a lot of similarities in terms of price point, both for your purchase as well as your rents, they are attractive to renters and first time home buyers because of their affordability relative to the rest of the county.  Marion oaks has become harder to rent because of the amount of competition but I like it for long term because that is the side of town with the most growth.  I like Belleview and Summerfield but they I feel like they will be more exposed to ups and downs because they are more rural.  But they are growing pretty crazy.  You might also consider further west, like dunnellon or citrus springs.  They are rural, but the growth in those areas is pretty crazy as well.  Good luck and welcome to investing in Ocala!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.