how to increase visibility for a rental property in Virginia

how to increase visibility for a rental property in Virginia

New to Real Estate · Fairfax VA · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I have a place in Reston listed in Zillow & furnished finder for couple of weeks. Any thoughts of increase visibility for a rental property in Virginia?

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Buy and Hold Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 48 votes
1y

I would second checking your pricing. Look at other comparable rentals on Zillow and see how your unit stacks up. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2016 · 576 posts · 358 votes
    2y

    I recently paid Zillow $30 to keep my add nearer to the top of the search. An applicant told me that my photo's for one of my apartments looked worse than the apartment actually looks. So, I've got to pay more attention to taking better pictures, or hiring a photographer.

  • New to Real Estate · Fairfax VA · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Thank you for your comment. I have a professional photos and paid zillow $60 and furnished finder $150

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Post in Facebook Groups. People are generally pretty active there.

  • Realtor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    When I advertise my rentals in NOVA I post on apartments.com, zillow, craigslist, and Facebook marketplace. Most of my tenants have been found off apartments.com actually (LTR properties in FFX county, Arlington and Alexandria. I would also recommend double checking your pricing. 

  • Buy and Hold Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 48 votes
    1y

    I would second checking your pricing. Look at other comparable rentals on Zillow and see how your unit stacks up. 

  • Corby GoadeBusiness Member
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    Honestly- if you aren't getting inquiries, you are priced too high. The general rule of thumb is- no inquiries, you are at least 10% too high. Inquiries and showings but no follow up- +/- 5% too high. 

    I haven't seen your listing, but professional photos go a LONG way too. 

  • Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2020 · 95 posts · 45 votes
    1y

    My wife and I use Avail to find, screen, and manage applicants. It distributed our listing to a bunch of places with the exception of Zillow. So she manually placed our listing there.

    We've listed in FurnishedFinder with no luck. We actually use Airbnb for our 2 furnished MTR units with great success.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.