My wife and I know that a team is necessary to succeed in real estate investing and I'm asking for help in building one out in Tampa, FL. Any suggestions are welcome - we're eager to learn from the pros and the people with years of experience! Be reply to this thread or message me privately.
Specifically right now we're looking for the following folks today, we will be looking for additions to this (handyman, property mgmt, etc) later.
1. A top-notch realtor who understands buying/selling rental properties
- We've identified and visited a property we'd like to put an offer on, but want to have the know-how of a pro to do it right!
2. A top-notch mortgage broker that understands multi-family unit investing.
- We have very good credit and have saved enough to have multiple mortgages when it makes sense. This person can be anywhere in the US!
3. Top-notch property inspector
- We'd like this person to be able to travel within the region and be able to explain things in a layman's terms whether or not the property is worth buying and what issues we'd be having in the short and long-term.
4. Who else are we missing that would be essential on the front end of a sale?
Jason & Jessica
Hi Jason and Jessica,
My only addition would be an insurance agent. Here are my suggestions:
Jason Hands at Bay to Bay Lending
jason at baytobaylending dot com
He has residential and commercial experience and has been top in his company for a couple of years now.
James Ward at Class Act Inspections
classactinspections at yahoo dot com
I like that Jimmy has an AS in Architecture. He gives very detailed reports and is extremely professional.
Thomas Trask at Dennis Insurance Agency
813-949-6480 xt 225
ttrask at dennisagency dot com
Thomas was able to save me quite a bit of money on my rental property. He is a very quick communicator, if you are like me and hate waiting for responses then he is your guy.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!