Advice for a Newbie

Advice for a Newbie

Real Estate Agent · Orange County, CA · Member since 2024 · 36 posts · 23 votes

Hello I am new to the investing industry and have been reading/listening to podcast and reading forums. I went on Craigslist today and found the post attached. I decided to reach out. He responded with

“Hello this is Felipe wholesaler in Orange County
Nice to hear from you hope your event went well

I have motivated cash buyers
That love places in distress or properties that aren’t listed in the market”

I’m wondering how legit this is if he is a wholesaler and truly has buyers he is working with. Should I meet this person over coffee? Any advice would be appreciated..before I meet a stranger from Craigslist 

3Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Nicholas L.Pro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
1y

@Stephanie Flores

hi, happy to help but not sure what to say here. just to be blunt, you're asking random people on the Internet... if you should meet another random person that you found on the Internet.  i cannot vouch for Felipe either way as i do not know him nor the market.

are you going to meetups?  That's a great way to meet people in real estate.  if you meet someone in person that 5 other people you know have vouched for that is pretty solid.

what are your goals?

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2024 · 43 posts · 27 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Logan Lambert:
    Quote from @Stephanie Flores:

    Hello I am new to the investing industry and have been reading/listening to podcast and reading forums. I went on Craigslist today and found the post attached. I decided to reach out. He responded with

    “Hello this is Felipe wholesaler in Orange County
    Nice to hear from you hope your event went well

    I have motivated cash buyers
    That love places in distress or properties that aren’t listed in the market”

    I’m wondering how legit this is if he is a wholesaler and truly has buyers he is working with. Should I meet this person over coffee? Any advice would be appreciated..before I meet a stranger from Craigslist 


     Hey,

    I have connected with a lot of random investors on the internet and would encourage to jump on the phone with them first and ensure as best as possible they are legit and not a scammer. I would absolutely encourage you to get out to local investor meetups. 


     Yes, this system probably works for a more seasoned investor, but definitely not for a rookie. Me being a new investor would definitely not know the right or wrong signs meeting up with a "potential" partner. 

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 37 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stephanie Flores:
    Quote from @John Ma:
    Quote from @Stephanie Flores:
    Quote from @Nicholas L.:

    @Stephanie Flores

    saving up enough for a down payment to house hack is definitely the right step.  but when you say "help investors find properties," do you mean in your capacity as an agent?  Or some other way?


     Yes as an agent, I am looking to build trust and partnerships with investors to help them achieve their portfolio goals by using my market knowledge and tools that I have as an agent. I guess become an Investor Friendly Agent. I know I have a lot of work to do to prove myself as a valuable resource but I am going to do the work, I'm just trying to figure out the right steps. Hence why I was on craigslist lol 


     Easiest way to get your investor buyer clients inventory is connecting with all the wholesale shops in your area, and connect buyers to sellers.

    Some of the seasoned buyers will already be on the wholesalers' mailing list, and thats fine, but there will be many that have no idea what wholesaling is and you're bringing them value by exposing offmarket inventory to them. 


     Thanks John! When you say local wholesalers is that information easily found? 


     You can go on Google and type "sell my house fast" and the top wholesaling companies will show up.

  • Lender · Kingsville, MD · Member since 2023 · 103 posts · 35 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Diran Deukmajian:
    Quote from @Logan Lambert:
    Quote from @Stephanie Flores:

    Hello I am new to the investing industry and have been reading/listening to podcast and reading forums. I went on Craigslist today and found the post attached. I decided to reach out. He responded with

    “Hello this is Felipe wholesaler in Orange County
    Nice to hear from you hope your event went well

    I have motivated cash buyers
    That love places in distress or properties that aren’t listed in the market”

    I’m wondering how legit this is if he is a wholesaler and truly has buyers he is working with. Should I meet this person over coffee? Any advice would be appreciated..before I meet a stranger from Craigslist 


     Hey,

    I have connected with a lot of random investors on the internet and would encourage to jump on the phone with them first and ensure as best as possible they are legit and not a scammer. I would absolutely encourage you to get out to local investor meetups. 


     Yes, this system probably works for a more seasoned investor, but definitely not for a rookie. Me being a new investor would definitely not know the right or wrong signs meeting up with a "potential" partner. 


     Hey,

    I was not referring to a partner. I would not encourage you partner with any random person. I was talking about finding wholesalers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.