How often should you follow up with a warm/hot lead

How often should you follow up with a warm/hot lead

Member since 2018 · 158 posts · 32 votes

I have a question about how often I should follow up with a warm/hot lead. See details below.

Two weeks ago, I got in touch with a seller looking to move from a his house that needed a lot of work. Got in touch on a Thursday, visited the property on Friday and made an offer.

I followed up on Monday 11/11 via call and text, no answer. Tuesday I called and texted again. I was able in touch the seller and he countered 20K higher than my offer. I came up 15K and told him I'd touch base Friday 11/15.

I called/texted Friday and Saturday and got no answer. I tried again yesterday (Monday) and he responded that he's interested, but exploring "other options". He said he'd call me today (Tuesday). He has not.

Is it appropriate to call/text once a day? Should I move on and wait a month? Is it better to be persistent and reach out once a day, or does that make me look desperate and encourage the seller to ask for even more? What would you do?

0Reply
36 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    id do like a 3 day back to back to back then a 7 day follow up then a another 7 day follow up then a 1 month follow up 

  • Member since 2018 · 158 posts · 32 votes
    1y

    That makes sense. I do worry as more and more time goes by, it's going to be hard for me to not lower the offer. My market is slowing down.

    Would you mention this saying something to the effect of "I understand you are exploring other options. As the market changes, I'll have to adjust my offer accordingly. May I follow up in a month?"


    I don't want to seem threatening, but I want them to understand my offer isn't going to get higher.

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Austin Bright:

    That makes sense. I do worry as more and more time goes by, it's going to be hard for me to not lower the offer. My market is slowing down.

    Would you mention this saying something to the effect of "I understand you are exploring other options. As the market changes, I'll have to adjust my offer accordingly. May I follow up in a month?"


    I don't want to seem threatening, but I want them to understand my offer isn't going to get higher.


     Here's a trick I learned when I first started out. Send a offer via mail on a piece of paper and make the offer Valid through 11/30/24 (for example)......

    send paper offers via mail always withbevery verbal offer and put a time to it. 

    Then when they come back they know that the same offer isn't valid

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.