How does this deal look near Airforce Base in OKC?

How does this deal look near Airforce Base in OKC?

Oakland, CA · Member since 2012 · 11 posts · 2 votes

Price : $100,000,  4126 Laverne St, Oklahoma City, OK 73135, seems like good condition throughout.  

3Bed/1Bath

750sqft

Schools are mostly 2/10

Average rent for the zipcode is $950

What do you guys think about this deal?

0Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ming Huang:

    Price : $100,000,  4126 Laverne St, Oklahoma City, OK 73135, seems like good condition throughout.  

    3Bed/1Bath

    750sqft

    Schools are mostly 2/10

    Average rent for the zipcode is $950

    What do you guys think about this deal?

    @Ming Huang Based on the numbers you've shared, I would advise against the deal, unless you can negotiate the purchase price down and/or rent it for at least $1,150. The FMR in that zip code for 3 BR units is $1,590.

  • Oakland, CA · Member since 2012 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jaycee Greene:
    Quote from @Ming Huang:

    Price : $100,000,  4126 Laverne St, Oklahoma City, OK 73135, seems like good condition throughout.  

    3Bed/1Bath

    750sqft

    Schools are mostly 2/10

    Average rent for the zipcode is $950

    What do you guys think about this deal?

    @Ming Huang Based on the numbers you've shared, I would advise against the deal, unless you can negotiate the purchase price down and/or rent it for at least $1,150. The FMR in that zip code for 3 BR units is $1,590.

    Thank you!

  • Member since 2022 · 41 posts · 20 votes
    1y

    I'm not familiar with your market, but here are some thoughts:

    750 Sq ft is small for a 3/1.

    Interior looks like a flip but it seems like it has been owned by the sellers for a long time...so maybe not.

    They have been trying to sell this property for 6 months and have reduced price. 

    I dont hate this property. Small is easy to maintain as long as renovations were done correctly. Everything looks rent ready. 

    House Canary is showing rent at 1100-1150. Did you run a DSCR calculation to determine cashflow? Seems like a property that isn't going to appreciate rapidly so cashflow will be vital to its investment potential.

  • Oakland, CA · Member since 2012 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Yea the area doesn't look like it will appreciate much, I mainly look for cash flow.  If I put 50k down I should be able to cash flow around 400 a month.  Number looks good enough to me but I just worry about the location tbh.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.