What IS financial freedom for you?

What IS financial freedom for you?

Investor · Reseda, CA · Member since 2019 · 297 posts · 150 votes

I'm curious what people consider financial freedom through real estate. Some styles of real estate investing are very hands-on, and as such don't really seem to meet the definition of financial freedom even if you get good at them. You'd still be very busy. So what are people shooting for? What kinds of portfolios are people trying to build that would meet their definition of financial freedom? Please share what you are working towards, and where you are at on that journey.

4Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Austin Fowler:

I'm curious what people consider financial freedom through real estate. Some styles of real estate investing are very hands-on, and as such don't really seem to meet the definition of financial freedom even if you get good at them. You'd still be very busy. So what are people shooting for? What kinds of portfolios are people trying to build that would meet their definition of financial freedom? Please share what you are working towards, and where you are at on that journey.


 I do not put the word "financial" in front of my freedom, I just call it freedom. For me its doing what I want to do when I want to. I still work, I run a company whihc I love doing and work 40+ hours per week but love what I do and if I want to take a day off, go to kids sports event or do whatever - I do.

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.